Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 2 months ago

Do phone stores wipe down their phones?

So this morning I went to look at some phone prices to see what I would want in the future, and me being dumb I touched some of the phones forgetting that covid exists until just now I realized what I did and now I’m worried I might get sick

Doubtful.  They aren't responsible for your health.  Wash your hands or use sanitizer afterward.  

• keerok

They shouldn't. That's why stores provide alcohol at the front door.

Doesn't matter if they do or not. You can always bring your own wipes or ask for one. You can also wear gloves.

Me, I just keep a personal bottle of hand sanitizer in my pocket, or use the sanitizer there in the store. 

The odds are very low that you would get COVID in that situation. The odds are also high that the barely above minimum wage employees at a phone store aren't going to bother wiping down the phones. But still, that sort of contact with a virus is pretty low as far as causing infection and someone with COVID would have had to been in the store and touched those exact phone recently.

I guess at the beginning or end of day they must be wiping all clean. Use Alcohol rub