?
? asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 2 months ago

Did you know we are never going to go to Mars? ?

It is all just talk, nasa and Elon Musk 

just talks away. There is nothing further than talk because talk is cheap, dreams and visions are just fantasies. Their efforts are in vein.

• ?

I have known that for a long, long time. 

Mars may be a good planet to explore,

but it is not a good planet to inhabit. 

Ultimately, the effort to go there will NOT be worth it.

sometimes i also believe that we will never send people to mars before the earth becomes uninhabitable. the hurdles are still very high and progress is too slow. even eloon musk is still a long way off and he is considered a pioneer.

history of elon musk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLE6QrrmYiw

• ?

To say "never going to Mars" would be an erroneous conjecture. If you deeply believe this would never happen as you state, you should present a few good and reliable reasons.

We sent probes almost everywhere into our solar system. We could send manned spacecraft to Mars too. It would be, I know, a very difficult ordeal. But it is not impossible. Astronauts would remain long months in the spacecraft, they would stay only a few days on Mars, then they would come back. A repetition of what took place with the Apollo missions.

I, too, am not quite convinced we would colonize a planet where it presents no possibilities to remain there forever. There are no ozone layers to protect us from ultraviolet light, no magnetic fields to hinder the solar winds (protons, electrons, etc) from reaching humans. There is no oxygen at 21% of the air mass, and actually there is almost no air. Mars's atmosphere is only 1% that of Earth's and is practically all carbon dioxide. I will not mention crops, water supply and other.

So to make it clear, we wouldn't be going to a planet where life is "accommodating" as is on Earth. 

We will never colonize Mars is perhaps more rightfully said than "never". We WILL get to Mars but only for a "walk".

lmfao @ " All true of course. But there is no end to the supply of gullible people who want to believe otherwise. "

: ))

Let me just say,  I love Mars.

But I prefer Snickers.  The King Size bar! ^_^

lol

"Vain".  But yes, I'm aware of that because at my age I remember the plans to go in 1979 which never came to fruition, followed by a number of other plans which also nothing came of.

• ?

All true of course.

But there is no end to the supply of gullible people who want to believe otherwise.

Eh.  I disagree. 

Have a nice day. 

• ?

NASA Is going to go to Mars by 2035. Yes, My sis colonization project did fall apart just like I predicted it would years ago on YA. A billionaire can spend money on pipe dreams, but once the pipe dream loses funding  it dies. If you are a United States citizen, your tax dollars are funding NASA projects through Congress. Congress approves NASA's budget. Elections have consequences. If you do not register vote, you have no right to claim you tax dollars are being wasted. 

Both the Moon and Mars are going to be like Antarctica has been for 80 years or longer. 

You have no idea what you are talking about. Misusing YA to rant and exploit the YA community and preach a personal agenda should be ignored. Some of us aren't nearly  as gullible or ignorant as you are. 

Please learn how to spell.The word is "vain."

Sure, if they don't make it by 2026. 

Mars doesn't need us anyway. We are already destroying one planet, why destroy another? Humans don't deserve to exist on any other planet. They're horrible and toxic to the environment. We have to fix this planet because its all we have. If not, we are all going down together.