Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

During Covid why are some people taking shoes off when you get home, I wear my sneakers indoors at home almost 24/7 take them off at bedtime?

I have ankle issues low shoes make my ankle ache like hell so I wear my sneakers  and a good part of the day and night and I don't spray them,I don't virus gets on my shoes I haven't had an issue yet, 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

My shoes come as soon as I enter the house, has nothing to do with Covid, its all about comfort

Have for over 40 years and will until I die

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The only times that I don't have some sort of shoes on is if I am in bed or in the shower! I wear slippers with rubber soles around the house until I get dressed then I will wear shoes, either sneakers or casual leather dress shoes the rest of the time. If the shoes are muddy or wet then I will take them off and wear my slippers. If I am at someone's house I will take off my shoes if requested but I like having a good pair of lace up shoes or boots on my feet even if I don't go anywhere! 

• 2 months ago

Covid is transmitted through the air, not from tennis shoes.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I have ALWAYS taken my shoes off once I get home.  I hate wearing shoes around the house.  My feet are much more comfortable without shoes.  I often put on a pair of house slippers instead of actual shoes or sometimes I just go barefoot.

It has NOTHING to do with COVID and everything to do with what makes ME comfortable.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I wear my shoes to bed.

Not kidding.   At the ready. 

Source(s): Actually, I can't walk without shoes.
  • 2 months ago

Even before COVID lots of people take off their shoes when they come indoors.   I have many friends who take their shoes off in the garage, mud room or front hall the minute they enter the door.

This helps cut down on the amount of dirt, dust, pollen and yes bacteria you track into your home.

• 2 months ago

Who can really understand germophobes? If removing their shoes makes them feel safe then good luck to them, some things just dont need a reason.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.