Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

Do you see Warren, AOC, Amy K, Sanders, Andrew Yang or any of these running and taking the lead in the Dem party in the next few elections?

Elizabeth Warren?

If I'm being honest I don't think Sanders has that many election cycles left. 

IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF STOPPING THE DEMOCRATS FROM DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY OR IS IT TOO LATE

I think Warren is done, and will never live down the Pocahontas thing. 

Bernie is way too old now. 

Yang......I don't see it. 

Amy K-------mehhh,   think not. 

The one to watch, will be AOC......she's young, sharp, and drives the cons crazy.    If she plays her cards right.......she could become a major player in the years ahead. 

• Desire

By electing a mindless empty shell of a human Democrats have destroyed all chance of another Dem being elected as President again in our lifetime. Biden is well on his way to destroying America and our relationships with our allies. Now he is going after Saudi Arabia for a murder that did not even occur on US soil while he cozies up to China that has put so many innocent people in concentration camps. Saudi Arabia has spent a fortune buying arms from America only to use them against us if Biden continues in this direction. China is our enemy not Saudi Arabia.

• Archer

No, I actually see the Dems being called out for their stupidity, insecurity and hypocrisy in the next few years and loosing much in the next few elections. Not all of Americans are stupid like they believe they are.

• Tmess2

Sanders and Warren are unlikely.  They are both in their 70s and, as the last election showed, they do not represent the current majority in the Democratic Party.  

I would expect to see AOC eventually running for higher office.  But it would benefit her to wait a decade or so.  She has the time to wait for more of the Democratic Party to move in her direction.  Right now she, even more than Senator Sanders, is viewed as being out there on the fringe of the party.  

Senator Klobuchar is a likely candidate in 2024 or 2028.  Whether she can build enough of a national audience is a big question.

Andrew Yang needs to win something somewhere first.  While Democrats tend to be willing to consider new faces, they have wanted some political experience.  I know that he has his devoted fans, but I did not see much in the last race that would allow him to expand his base to the level needed to be a viable national leader.

I think there are several other maybes which will depend on the results of the 2022 election and whether President Biden runs in 2024.  Beto O'Rourke is making serious noises about running for Governor of Texas in 2022.  Given Governor Abbott's current unpopularity, O'Rourke might have a chance.  Stacey Abrams is going to make another run for Governor of Georgia.  Given Trump's attempts at tearing Governor Kemp down and the closeness of Georgia, Abrams has a good chance.  Both would aid their national profile and their ability to run in 2024 (or better yet 2028).  

If Biden does not run, Secretary Buttigieg and Vice-President Harris would start as the front runners in 2024, but there are some Senators who could see themselves as President.  The bench of Democratic governors is mostly too old to be viable but you could see Jay Inslee try again or Governor Polis or Governor Whitmer get in the race.

• Jeff D

No, not really.  Warran and Sanders are too old.  Klobuchar is too white and Yang has no real constituency (at least, not yet).  Yang is young enough so he still has time to reinvent himself as a contender.  We'll see how he does running for mayor of NYC.

If I could accurately predict the future, I'd be at the racetrack where there are countless people w/ losing tickets who thought their opinion could predict the future. There are a couple of dem politicians I watch closely hoping to see their star rise but I could change my mind f/ a single incident tomorrow. Your list is unimpressive to me.

• Donnie

I’m hoping for Tulsi Gabbard but she has way too much common sense compared to those clowns.