Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

what is all this hype around almond milk. why is everyone so obsessed with it and drink it instead of cow's milk?

i tried it once and it was weird tasting AND super expensive

I drink almond milk because I don’t like the guttural fluids of a cow. 🐄 

• Ivan

Great marketing campaign by the almond growers association. Who ever heard of milking an almond before them!

It's expensive because it's hard to milk almonds, they have teeny little teets.

• John

In reality the almond growers association in California is large and extremely powerful. And the marketing arm of it is always trying to sell almonds any way they can, to anybody they can. People drink almond milk because the almond association told them it's good for them.

It's a milk substitute for those who don't want to or can't drink milk.  

Obviously there is also soymilk, cashew milk and others.

I am not a fan of almond milk - while I love almonds in many forms I am careful how much of them I eat or I have stomach issues.  Almond milk, even in small quantities, seems to set off those issues.

It is a good alternative for people who cannot drink dairy. I have been diagnosed with lactose intolerance, but I don't want to give up things I use milk for so I made the switch. 

• kswck2

Don't know. Almond allergy.