Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

what is all this hype around almond milk. why is everyone so obsessed with it and drink it instead of cow's milk?

i tried it once and it was weird tasting AND super expensive

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I drink almond milk because I don’t like the guttural fluids of a cow. 🐄 

• Ivan
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Great marketing campaign by the almond growers association. Who ever heard of milking an almond before them!

• 2 months ago

It's expensive because it's hard to milk almonds, they have teeny little teets.

• John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In reality the almond growers association in California is large and extremely powerful. And the marketing arm of it is always trying to sell almonds any way they can, to anybody they can. People drink almond milk because the almond association told them it's good for them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It's a milk substitute for those who don't want to or can't drink milk.  

Obviously there is also soymilk, cashew milk and others.

I am not a fan of almond milk - while I love almonds in many forms I am careful how much of them I eat or I have stomach issues.  Almond milk, even in small quantities, seems to set off those issues.

• 2 months ago

It is a good alternative for people who cannot drink dairy. I have been diagnosed with lactose intolerance, but I don't want to give up things I use milk for so I made the switch. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Don't know. Almond allergy. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.