Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

My husband seems to have changed since we've been divorced for a year. should i give him another chance. We have kids together?

I had to divorce him after 7 years of marriage because he had a super bad temper and was extremely emotionally abusive, constantly threatening to leave, and seemed unhappy with me overall. I tried every way possible to be there for him but even trying to be the model wife he seemed irritated. I don't even know why he married me If he felt so irritated all the time. He has a history of being frustrated with women because he was that way to his ex. Even called his Ex the B word. Surpisingly, he's never called me out of my name. He would just constantly pick fights with me. accused me of cheating on him constantly. I remember one time he was screaming at me so bad because he thought i cheated. Its crazy because in the beginning ( when were only boyfriend and girlfriend) he was bragging about to me to everyone and seemed very much head over heels. we would constantly talk on the phone for like 12 hours a day. We talked on the phone and texted so much It was hard for me to even get much done.  I think that's what drew me towards him because I was like wow i've never had a man been so consistent.He's been doing a lot of dating lots of different women since we have been divorced ( casually dating them he said ). I feel like he might have had an itch to scratch and that's why he was always so frustrated with me. Mabye now that he's had a whole year to play and date all sorts of women the itch will be satisfied. I don't know if he ever cheated on me but after

after we divorced I was telling my friends about how he would constantly leave me and a couple of times that he left he would go have sex with an ex.. he told me he felt badly about it.. but my friend told me that she believes he's been cheating on me during the entire time. She told me he's probably been wanting out of the marriage and that was his way

He's moved back in with his mother. He said that he feels happy and at peace now. Which makes me think that this year apart has made him do a 180. Mabye he was needed to get an itch scratch before committing fully to me. A mid life crisis or something?

I did everything in my power to ssatisfy him sexually. Because all of the screaming yelling and nitpicking he did towards me, it really messed me up sexually but I didn't show it. I pretended to have orgasms because I know he would be even more irritated if i told him his attitude turned me off sexually

I would give it a try if I see that he changed, also for the kids. 

I'm not sure why you're asking - it seems he is happier now that you're mostly out of the picture & I didn't read anything indicating he's trying to get back with you.

Seems like YOU want to get back with him. Just leave him alone to be happy without you. You made him miserable once. Don't do it again.

Not unless you're both committed to working with a therapist who can help you iron things out as you move slowly toward reconciliation. Just jumping back into a bad situation because he's managed to behave himself during a year of not living with you is just inviting a return to old patterns. 

• ?

Honestly, a leopard never changes its spots.  Why do you think an abusive man will suddenly turn into Prince Charming?  He hasn't... you're just not living with him now so you see him from a different perspective.

Move back in with him and theShit will start up all over again.  

Don't be foolish

If a man needs a break from the marriage then marriage isn't for him. Commitment isn't for him.

You tried it once and it didn't work and he cheated on you which most people would find unforgiveable. How do you know that the same won't repeat. Have you changed as a person as well? It's nice that you want to re-kindle things particularly because you have a son together. 

Sounds like you were giving him everything and he wasn't giving you much. It's possible that he wanted a wife that was more challenging and not so eager to please. I find men like to be challenged, I personally get bored if someone is always letting me decide on things. I want someone else to make  food suggestion, or holiday, or tv.

If ur thinking about it this much then you don’t really wanna give him another chance. And don’t. If u feel like he’s not gonna change, stay the way you are which is away from him. Him dating is normal. He’s not with u. But if he’s being a whore then he’s clearly showing u how comfortable he is without u and just leave him. Let him live that life. One day you will find someone who will respect you and be with u only. He seems like he doesn’t want commitment. Just let him be. But don’t give him another chance later. He doesn’t deserve it. He can’t do all that then when he’s bored of it come back to u. Nahhh. Its either U now, or never LOL and he already has many women as u say. The day will come when he realizes that life ain’t it and is gonna miss his wife and kids. But it’s gonna be too late. 

• ?

Personally I would try to form a different relationship.  I know people who can get on well with each other as long as they aren't living with each other.  Possibly your ex has the same feature.  He may be great as an honoured and privileged guest yet no good as a live in husband.

• i + i

No.            

Suck a fat diϲk.

Source(s): H U S B A N D