Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Is this a sign of daddy issues?

Growing up me and father never got along. At age 6 I used to hate him because he would put his hands on my mom and take his anger out on me and my siblings. When I got to my teens he became a big bully such throwing always things I like and lecturing me on how so-so is not good for me and we would argue because I couldn’t take it. Now in my 20’s he has calmed down, but I’m still angry because I have not forgotten. But anyways when a guy shows me love I start to fall in love with them easily no matter if he was good or bad to me. I even allowed a narcissist to disrespect me without even thinking and now that i think about it I wish I could have gone back to change some things. Every time when I go to sleep I always thought about how a guy would love me and I just really want that feeling so bad that I even find it in the wrong places.

it might be a sign of that

• T J

See a therapist.

It's a daddy issue, not a "sign" of daddy issues.

It IS daddy issues. It's not "a sign" of them, those are the actual issues.

Dating should be a bit like an interview, yes there is romance and you need to be attracted to someone. However you need to assess if they are a good fit. No point dating someone you've fallen for if you have nothing in common or have completely different takes on life. 

If you aren't stepping back and being cautious at first to see if it's right or wrong is a naïve way to go about dating. I see some of my friends do it and they go from one relationship to the next matching with completely the wrong people.

If you are finding you can't go a few months without even considering dating someone else then it's highly possible you might be on a self destructive path of dating. You can't love someone else if you don't love and like yourself first.