Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

If I have sequential plates and want to order personal plates will there be a fee in CA?

I recently ordered sequential plates tonight and realized that it charged me without letting me customize the license plate words and letters and I realized since it’s sequential it’s not allowed to be modified but only the border of the plate is different, and they charge 50 dollars plus 40 annually to renew which is the same as the personal plates and wanted to know if once I receive my plates in a few months if I can get the personal plates free of charge or if they will still charge me ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Personalized plates when they first came out (about 10 yrs ago was $50.)    Regular number plates were $10 approx.  

.  If you are saying numerical plates cost $40 NOW, then you can BET "PERSONAL PLATES have gone up too because that is the way it is."

.  Because you did not ask before registering the number plates they are PROBABLY gonna charge you a cool $200 for the personal plates.  It has to be original & use only 6 letters so "DUM SHT" might be taken.  There only can be 1 plate like that too.

IMO it is not "worth it"  Gasoline already costs too much.  Tires cost too much. Brakes cost too much and all "have to be done"  

Besides, I like BEER.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The DMV website says, yes, there will be a fee.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

nuttin is free.....................

• 2 months ago

They'll charge you again, and you'll have to fill out a form or two.  In California, just like everywhere else, the DMV loves their forms and fees.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.