Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Can you work part time on disability?

Let's say you're not able to work full time because of your condition it causes major pain but you can handle maybe 15 hours a week $15 an hr let's say.

Are you allowed?

In the US, if you earn under 1310/month and are in fact severely disabled, you can collect SSDI/SSI  (it was 1260 in 2020).

with SSI, you will lose the benefit for the month somewhere around 1700 work income...but if you consistently make SGA (1310), when you are reviewed, you will likely lose SSI.

You might lose or get a reduction in SSI if you make to much. But if you also get SSDI along with SSI you will still get your SSDI I still do with working full time but I try and 

stay under the $1,266 limit per month to keep SSDI and  I earn about $1,000 a month with working. 

if you are on full disability, the general answer is no; followed by ask your caseworker for limits if you are on partial disability

Ssi and ssdi each have slightly different rules.

Ssi is supplemental income..  you are allowed to make a certain amount, but the amount of ssi you get may decrease.

• Ibredd

I believe there is a monthly amount you can make, ask them and they will tell how much