Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Can you work part time on disability?

Let's say you're not able to work full time because of your condition it causes major pain but you can handle maybe 15 hours a week $15 an hr let's say.

Are you allowed?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

In the US, if you earn under 1310/month and are in fact severely disabled, you can collect SSDI/SSI  (it was 1260 in 2020).

with SSI, you will lose the benefit for the month somewhere around 1700 work income...but if you consistently make SGA (1310), when you are reviewed, you will likely lose SSI.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You might lose or get a reduction in SSI if you make to much. But if you also get SSDI along with SSI you will still get your SSDI I still do with working full time but I try and 

stay under the $1,266 limit per month to keep SSDI and  I earn about $1,000 a month with working. 

• 1 month ago

if you are on full disability, the general answer is no; followed by ask your caseworker for limits if you are on partial disability

• 1 month ago

Ssi and ssdi each have slightly different rules.

Ssi is supplemental income..  you are allowed to make a certain amount, but the amount of ssi you get may decrease.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ibredd
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I believe there is a monthly amount you can make, ask them and they will tell how much 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.