Jim2
Jim2 asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 2 months ago

Do any GENUINE scientists today deny AGW? If so, who are they?

Who are these renegades that deny Man made global warming? 

I am not Dirac. Since nobody here has given a decent scientific explanation why Agw is wrong, I figured I would google some of the renegade scientists and see what they have to say.

• David

Sure, there are a few. The most famous are:

John Christy

Judith Curry

William Happer

Richard Lindzen

Roger Pielke (Jr and Sr)

Roy Spencer

Basically they are famous not because they are notable for contributions to their field, but simply because they are actual scientists who are willing to get on TV and challenge some predictions from climate science or (much more often) certain proposed policies. In other words they are famous precisely because there are so few of them.

And not one of them disagrees with fundamental things like how the greenhouse effect works or even that humans are responsible for at least some amount of the warming we have seen -- Spencer even prominently discredits greenhouse effect deniers on his blog for example. 

In general they don't even agree with each other about what they believe, so it's a hodgepodge of dissenters on different points rather than a group unified around some coherent alternative hypothesis; "Anti AGW" is not a scientific theory. 

The Non-Governmental Panel on Climate Change has conferences of top scientists from all over the world, every year.

Heartland Institute can hook u up with scientists formerly  involved with the UN-IPCC.

If u r too lazy to listen to real science then keep paying those taxes and obey your masters. They will tell u what to do.

Or listen to the likes of Yahoos resident "Physi-cyst"...fake Dirac.

.

Another Greta puppet!

I don't know of any reputable scientists, even Fred Singer, who died last year accepted that AGW was a fact, just that it is nothing to worry about.

In part I agree with him, technological advances are happening amazingly fast, coal plants around the world are going into bankruptcy, even in the US where the previous administration was willing to accept more air pollution, and more deaths from air pollution, to keep coal competitive.

For China, where government needs to power industry without the smog problems it makes sense economically, China does not have any oil reserves to speak off.  If only they would give people some freedom and not distrust pro democracy foreigners like me, I would love to visit there.

The sad part is that this innovation, except for Elon Musk's (an immigrant) efforts, is not happening and of course big oi has a vested interest in slowing progress.

Now progress should certainly have been faster, and we could have been free from fossil fuels for the most part if governments had listened to the scientist.  And there will be costly problems because of this warming, but I believe we can manage, if we are willing to cooperate.