Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Airforce Reserve UTA before BMT...?

I know it’s maybe a dumb question but I have to go to a UTA before basic training and I’m not even in... what will I be doing... and also will there be another drug screening cause not gonna lie I smoked a while back and I’m still scared it could be ligering in my system!?

I don’t have basic training till June

And I have a UTA drill weekend every month before my Basuc Training

Already had MEPs and passed

If you smoked after MEPS and your first official drug test, you may get caught by the random drug tests that they have at UTA's.

• ?

You'll be doing most of the same mundane things everyone else is doing at a UTA.  You'll be completing endless computer based trainings, get mandatory briefings, and maybe do training on the job that you will be doing.

You are subject to random drug tests whenever your name comes up.  There were times when I could go a year without one and times when I had one every other week.  

• Mrsjvb

Assume you will be peeing in a cup.  If you pee hot, the rest of your concerns are meaningless since you will not be shipping off to BMT

As for what you could be doing at drill... mostly familiarizing yourself with the unit.   Might get issued uniforms, be expected to do PT with the unit.  Maybe start some non classified OJT.  

lying will get you disqualified.  

What is UTA and BMT.  Is BMT basic military training?  

When you join the military, you get a physical and a drug screening.  Then go to boot camp for 6 weeks.  Simple.  If you can't manage that, then you don't deserve the VA benefits and GI Bill benefits that makes the whole enlistment worthwhile.