Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Is stealing from rich people considered to be a crime or social justice?

Update:

Do rich people even have a right to call the police and complain. 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Stealing from the rich when you are poor is a crime.

Stealing from the poor when you are rich is capitalism.

• 2 months ago

Of course its a crime. Someone works 12 hours a day 6 days a week for 40 years to be able live comfortable and you think you have a right to steal from them just because you don't have as much as they do?

YOU have two choices, your victim can call the police and you go to prison after you rob them or your victim can practice their 2nd amendment rights. I am fine with either of those.

• 2 months ago

Seems like you're conflating morality with legality. Seems like you're advocating a form of communism.

Source(s): This all depends on where on the social totem pole you are.
  • 2 months ago

There is no point in trying to steal from poor people.  They have nothing.

• 2 months ago

it's a crime.  stealing is prohibited, no matter who it is from, in the Bible.  Ten Commandments, remember?

• 2 months ago

Poor people are MUCH more likely to be the victims of theft than rich people. What can you conclude from this undeniable fact?

• 2 months ago

So a beggar having only one dollar ,could justifiably rob another who has ten ,then ?

just wondering .

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Stealing is a crime!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Someone stole Lady Gaga’s dogs. I wouldn’t call that social justice. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Depends on whether you believe in capitalism I suppose.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.