Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Would you agree that Christians say some groups of people should not have equal rights?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Yes, they think Christians should have special rights and discrimination against the groups they hate should be perfectly legal.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i will confirm that SOME CHRISTIANS have publicly STATED  its been recorded  it for EXAMPLE  KIM DAVIS  who defied the US Federal  order  to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples  a former  country  clerk  to rowan county  Kentucky   the court rejected her appeal  "under Gods authority to  deny marriage licenses  "  is their  view   that  some groups of people should not have equal rights ..."CIVIL RIGHTS " which  is    not under the mandate or authority of religion

... not only Christians   some Muslims also make such a claim  to be fair  such christian do not speak for all people who self identify as christian or Muslim ..

another confirmation is some of the BIBLE WRITERS wrote some people should NOT be treated equally .... and  women are not equal  in social status  are also considered   unclean  should be silent and submissive to males

EQUALITY  in human history is relatively NEW concept  KINGS/pharaohs   in history were connected to   RELIGION   they were BED fellows    many religion  claimed the KINGS  HIGHER CLASS was ORDAINED by GODS  still expressed in British  coronations     pharaohs were part of the religions  GODS or SONS of Gods ... Constantine  hooked up with the religious leaders to stabilize  his new appointment of emperor   they are given land and wealth and power over the common person  who owned no land  or the  poor soil

• 2 months ago

Nope.  Homosexuals have the same right as everybody else -- to marry an adult of the opposite sex.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's possible that some Christians somewhere might say something like that. However, the original and true Christian Church, the one Church Jesus Christ founded, which He said was to remain one, to which He promised the fullness of God's truth, teaches that all humans are beloved children of God, with equal rights and equal dignity, and must be treated as such.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No, Christians interpret and relate God's Word.  God will tell you what Rights are worthy of HIS promise to us.  You were already EQUAL in God's eyes.  It is YOU who chose to be different / indifferent.  

Personally, I think you are entitled and free to be, do and think as you please, as long as it does not entail or involve my pocket book.  I would not as YOU for anything other than what God's allows.  I am perfectly able and willing to take from my own profit, effort, works.  And you should be as well. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, that would be stupid since Christians don't say that.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No, I wouldn't agree with that.  Besides, you haven't even given us an example - so what exactly are you referring to.

• 2 months ago

No. dont agree. But I do know that there never will be equal in this world. Life isnt fair. 

• James
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It has been true (and probably always will be true) that religious conservatives don't want certain other groups of people to have the same rights as them. The fact that 206 representatives voted against The Equality Act is testament to their bigotry.

• 2 months ago

Sure, they agree that pedophiles and murders should not be free to do what they want even though most of them are Christians

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.