If God actually made us in His image, then why, after we've been dead for two days, can't we come back?

...like He did ?

Updated 2 months ago:

After all, if one thing mirrors another, then the everything about the two images should be exactly alike, right ?

Updated 7 hours ago:

Nothing here but a bunch of denials and technicalities . No wonder Answers is soon to be no more .

• Mr.K

That's not what being in God's image entails. This means that we have the capacity to reflect his attributes such as love, justice, power and wisdom. To respond to the last part of the question: Jesus Christ was dead for three days and was raised to life by God. So then, it was the son of God that was dead and resurrected. It is impossible for God to die.

• Paul

An image of something is not the actual thing. I have an image of my wife on the wall. I don't expect it to love me or kiss me or come to bed with me. It's just an image. We resemble God in having a spiritual nature and an immortal soul. But we are not God and are not equal to Him in any way.

[image does not equal "The Original".]

[a bigger question is, "why would do antichrists waste valuable time in the religious section, instead of the science area"?]

King James Version Bible 1885

Jude Chapter 1

2. Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

2 Peter Chapter 3

3. Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4. And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as [they were] from the beginning of the creation.

2 Peter Chapter 3

8. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Amos Chapter 5

18. WOE UNTO YOU THAT DESIRE THEY DAY OF THE LORD! to what end [is] it for you? the day of the LORD [is] darkness, and not light.

Ecclesiastes Chapter 8

11. Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

For one thing, looking like God doesn't give us divine power.

For another thing, Jesus Christ is not God.

Luke 23:43 

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

God did not create us in his image, that’s an incorrect belief held by Christians. God is a distinct, inconceivable entity and only those who enter heaven will have the honor of seeing him. 

So you're saying you totally misunderstand the "in His image" concept.

God is Spirit, and it is the spirit part in humanity that can be seen being something of a reflection of the goodness of God when the person is living as they should, as someone made in God's image. It has no bear-ing on the physical aspect, which dies, and at that point the spirit is released to return to God who gave it. Read Ecclesiastes chapter 12. But the spirit part lives on.

And all dead humans will receive a resurrection body on the future Day of Resurrection and Judgment. Christians who die belonging to Jesus by faith step immediately from death to life eternal in the spirit. They died to sin and were raised to life eternal at the point of the Holy Spirit making them "new creatures in Christ". Jesus explained, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies. And whoever lives and believes in me will never die.” (John 11:25-26) Mind-blowing!

We can, with faith in him.

Because he’s not real. At all.