Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 2 months ago

🦉🦉🦉🦉 Is global warming still a thing? I mostly hear about climate change. Thoughts?

Soon you will be hearing more about climate crisis than climate change.

• L

The following is how I feel about it; Planet Earth is billions of years old.  Planet Earth goes through natural changes daily - always has and always will.  Therefore, Global Warming is B.S.  Just let Planet Earth go through it's natural changes.

• Jim2

Global warming is the average warming of the earth and sea. It has warmed just a few degrees recently, but this warming has and is causing profound climate change.

So global warming refers to the warming of the globe, climate change refers to the change in the long term weather patterns.

I will say I am a bit mystified about websites no longer simply coming out and saying "Global warming causes climate change" as much as they used to, instead giving complicated explanations of the difference that I confess don't make much sense to me.

• GiGi

With the oncoming decline in solar activity you will pray for global warming. 

Source(s): Uncorrupted data

Global warming has happened before, way back. Modern industrialisation is affecting it and therefor affecting climate change like never before. Changing the name makes it a more accurate definition.

• y

The left now use climate change instead of global warming when talking about mans influence on climate and the environment. They made the switch becouse mans impact, the amount of it, is uncertain as to exactly how much it plays into the natural cycle of climate change.

they have just changed the name from "global warming" to "climate change".  That way whether the climate goes up, down, or anything else, they can claim it proves their theory.

I am old enough to remember when they were blaming "weather changes" on nuclear bomb test in the 50s.  they were blaming "weather changes" on the rocket launches and the race to the moon.  I remember all the panic about the coming of an Ice Age" in the early 70s that even made the cover of Times magazine.  

People have been panicking about "climate change" for decades.  And guess what?  It has never yet happened.

• Robert

They changed global warming to climate change one day when experimental laboratory rat, the dreaded AlGore, flew his private jet to a global warming conference in a snow storm and almost froze to death during the car ride form the airport to the conference.  The shivering attendees were not buying the "warming" so he changed it to "change".  He is an intelligent rat.  He does the mazes well too and today is a multimillionaire because of global weather monetization.