Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

True or false: some people might be secretly racist, if not openly racist ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I think that every person probably has some kind of an opinion or belief that someone else would find "racist."  But that most of the people who hold those believes do not think that it is "racist."

For several months my family attended a church were we were one of the few families that was not black.  In talking with people, I had one group telling me that referring to them as "African-American" was racist.  Another group telling me that was one of their preferred names.   One group agreeing with the BLM movement and another that did not.

There is no agreement on what all is "racist" and what is not.  There are something (such as the "n" word that 99% agree are racist.)  So just about any opinion you hold is seen as racist by some people and not by others.

In that sense everyone has an opinion that could be taken by some people as racist.  But the person holding that opinion does not see it as racist.  And avoids do anything that they believe to be openly racist.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Of course.....many Birther racists  couched their racism in  so called "serious questions" about his eligibility. 

Yet the same constitutional scholars, had no troubles running the Canadian  Ted Cruz .

and funnily enough,  Obama WAS born in Hawaii....and Ted Cruz was born in CANADA......yet, they had no problem with that. 

Geeeeee----I wonder what the difference was? 

Couldn't have been their seething racism, right? 

• Everyone suffers from racial bias. It’s important to notice this so that you don’t go through life being racist. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I've Always Known This To Be True ..... It Only Becomes A Problem If People In Positions Of Authority Use It To Make Decisions Instead Of Remaining Objective ...... 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

True I even personally know some.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.