Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 2 months ago

What is the taste difference between coca cola and pepsi cokes?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

To me, Coke is more acidic and the flavors stand out. Pepsi seems syrupy and dulls the taste a bit.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

To me, Coke is more acidic and the flavors stand out. Pepsi seems syrupy and dulls the taste a bit.

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

different ingrediance , coke is made from coco beans , pepsi use spices . But both use lots of sugar .

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The biggest difference between Coke and Pepsi are their flavors; Coke has more of a vanilla-raisin flavor, while Pepsi has more of a citrus flavor. Because of this flavor difference, Coke goes down smoother than Pepsi.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Pepsi is a lot sweeter then coke.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not much. They both taste like malted battery acid. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

the secret ingredients

SCIENCE wise   the GUSTATORY SYSTEM  or "SENSE" of taste is the sensory  system that is partially responsible for the "perception " of taste ( flavor )   taste is the perception produced or stimulated  when a substance  in the mouth chemically  reacts with the receptors

TASTE is also OLFACTORY  ( SMELL ) loss of Smell can cause loss of taste

loss of smell is a symptom of Covid  80%  of those testing positive  complain of loss of taste or smell

TASTE is LIMITED to five  taste modalities

SWEETNESS

SOURNESS

SALTINESS

BITTERNESS 

SAVORINESS 

investigation shows  among humans

taste PERCEPTION begins to fade  around age 50  due to  los of tongue papillae and general decrease in saliva  production  humans can also  have a distortion  of taste  through DYSEGUSIA  related to certain diseases ..

. in contrast some   rodents can taste STARCH , humans can not

CATS can NOT taste sweetness   No soda for them

for Humans  BITTERNESS is associated with signs of  poisons

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Pepsi is sweeter than Coke .. Coke is dryer and sharper.

Janet has described it very well.

Coke is ''lemon'' .. and Pepsi is ''orange''.

• CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No such a thing as a 'pepsi cokes' - the difference between Pepsi and Coke is quite significant. Different syrup, try them side by side sometime I have no idea how to describe the difference, but I like coke better as pepsi is just pure sweet.

• X
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Pepsi when made with corn syrup tastes like backwashed coke. Pepsi real sugar tastes decent. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.