Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

Is it a Russian thing to dye your hair blonde? Many Russians I know either have it or dye it that color. ?

Would people look at me more of a person that’s American with Russian background if I dye my red hair to blonde? I’m part Russian many people come off surprise I am

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Some Americans have stereotypes with blonds. For example seeing blonds as having more fun, and I think you've heard of the term dumb blond... So you're either one until you prove them wrong. 

If you think you would feel more confident as a blond then do it. Also red is a tricky color to remove (specially if it'd not natural) with out bleaching it. You would have to get the color stripped out, or bleach your hair a few times to get it blond. 

Many people think that I'm part Asian because of the way my eyes are shaped, but I'm white.

It's not just a Russian thing, women in other countries dye / bleach their hair blond too. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes we feel stronger and more confident to take on the world

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.