Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I am a widow on SS all i get is 10,550.00 a year do i pay taxes ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Amy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope, if your income is less than the standard deduction (currently $12,400) you do not owe any tax.

If you have other income such as salary or investments, you need to check how much of your SSI is taxable.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If that is your total income you do not need to file taxes

• 1 month ago

If you r only income is SS, it is not taxable.

• 1 month ago

You will pay sales and maybe property tax

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If you have no other income - pension or investments = no you don't have to file taxes (or owe taxes). 

• 1 month ago

With an income that low, you would not pay income tax.  You would pay sales tax, etc., the same as anyone else.

• 1 month ago

You should.  Whether you do or not - only YOU know that. Until the IRS catches up with you and puts you in prison for tax evasion.  DECLARE your income.

• 1 month ago

Age and widowhood are irrelevant:  You must fill out and return an income tax form.  Most likely, you will have no taxes due.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Probably not but you must fill out a form and send it in.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.