Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Language is the soul of a nation, do you agree?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No.            

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. It's only a means of expression used by humans.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Language is the soul of a nation.  Do you agree?

No, I don't think I'd say that.

• 1 month ago

I see some problems with that. What is a nation? Are there multilingual nations? What about nations split by cultural rifts, maybe even civil wars about world views?

And what about languages spoken by more than one nation? Do they all have the same soul?

Actually, a nation is the sum of its individuals. The sum of their souls may be the nation's soul.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Zirp
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

By "nation" you mean tribe/ethnicity?

Pretty much

If you confine your thoughts to just that which can be said in English, you will never truly understand the Dutch or Germans. Some things are impossible to translate, depending on which languages you are translating between

Every real language holds wisdom, mentality, insights, tradition, viewpoints...that (some) other languages lack.

Source(s): Dutch, speaking German, English, French and Esperanto
  • East
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No.  It's just how people in the nation communicate.

• 1 month ago

Nope.  Language is simply the means a culture or nation communicates with each other.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.