Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 2 months ago

I feel bad about not investing in Bitcoin when it was cheap?

Do you feel bad about missing out on that too?

how do I feel better?

I wouldn't invest in the mark of the beast no matter how you put it

• Who

Its a "bubble" which one day will burst

If you get your money out before it bursts you are lucky and could be rich

If you dont then its goodbye money

You any idea when it will burst?

(have a read of the "tulip bubble" in Holland (think it was the 17th century)

THEN the value of a single tulip bulb was enough to buy a huge mansion with land + lifestock + furniture

The bubble got bigger and bigger until it was realised a tulip was just a type of onion and so were its bulbs

the market crashed

Bitcoin etc is a bit like "pass the parcel"

the parcel is just sold to the next buyer at an increased price who then sells it on to the next person at an even higher price

This goes on and on - every seller making more and more money ONLY so long as there is a buyer willing to pay the price

the crash comes when nobody can afford to pay the price so the last buyer can be stuck with a HUGE loss

the CATCH is- making sure you aint that last buyer when you dont know when the crash will come.

(p.s.

Noticed how many posts or adverts there are talking up the value of "investing" in bitcoin?

THIS it to get the suckers rolling in to BE the next buyers and drag in MORE money - maybe so the people writing the posts and setting up the adverts can get out with THEIR money

FOMO will break you. Focus on finding the next good investment. 

• Steve

I dont. If you are going to hang on to regrets, investing is not for you.

And what exactly do you mean by cheap? In my books, Bitcoin is functionally inferior to existing payment alternatives, is too unstable to even function as a currency, is  unregulated, wastes resources like electricity for Bitcoin mining, and is just lines of code at the end of the day. I'm just going to say that I don't get it like Tom Hanks did in the movie Big when someone showed him a transforming building action figure.

Go to Vegas. Take your life savings and bet it all on black.

Bitcoin and investing do not belong together. Its gambling.  I don't feel bad about it all.

I'd feel worse if I was one the person that threw away a couple hundred million in bitcoin (probably several hundred million now) or the guy who can't remember his password to a similar amount.

Sure, we all wish we had bought it. Just like certain stocks in the stock market. But since I'm not a regular trader in stocks or crypto, I can't get upset about missing the big ones that hit.

You just have to accept it an move one. Or you could buy it now and then you won't have missed out if it goes to $1 million (which some people predict) or it could go to zero because of major issues with it as a currency.

This isn't a question.