Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 1 month ago

Issue with iPhone brightness?

Right now I have the iPhone 7 (not the plus), and recently it has started adjusting the brightness on its own. I have already gone into the settings and even restarting the phone to see if it would fix it, but nothing has worked. It's not on auto-brightness or anything, I don't know what to do. whenever I press the lock button on the right side of the phone, it turns the brightness all the way down and it isn't until that I sign in that I can turn it back up. How can I fix this? 

Update:

I have tried everything but it’s not working. Could this have to do with me dropping my phone many times?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

I would recommend taking it to an Apple Store. The iPhone 7 is a 4 year old phone so it is likely the screen is starting to go bad, especially if it was well used. They should be able to diagnose the issue and determine the best course of action.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.