Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

ROUGHLY how long does it take to lose 60 pounds ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

It depends and it’s very individual.

But you can begin with a simple body cleanse. Cut out sugars and start drinking at least 3 liters of water a day. Then, incorporate some exercise three times a week.

You can also try this amazing yoga burn challenge for 12 weeks! It will help you to get rid of sugar cravings and you will feel really good afterwards! 👍🏽

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The exact amount of time needed to lose 60 pounds depends on your ability to reduce your caloric intake and how frequently you walk. A safe rate of weight loss, however, is between one and two pounds a week, which means it could take you 25 to 50 weeks to lose 60 pounds.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

By my clock 2.5 months.   It depends on how much fat you have to lose.  

That's right, fat ONLY. 

Source(s): Tired of the crap that doesn't work? "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig, M.D.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It depends on a lot of factors particularly what weight you're starting at and how much muscle mass you have and what kind of shape you're in. 

2-3 pounds a week is generally pretty easy. Just cut back on your junk food a little and try to exercise a little each day. So, 15-30 weeks. 

4 pounds a week is a little harder. That would be 15 weeks. 

5 is fairly hard but can be done. That's 12 weeks. 

Anything over 5 you need to be in good shape to handle long workouts. 

The other answers have no idea what they're talking about. I lost 40 pounds in a month and i guarantee I was eating healthier than all of them put together. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Abut 60 weeks -- or approximately one year.  A realistic and healthy weight loss goal is 1-1.5 pounds per week.  

Even if a person has a greater/faster weight loss at the beginning of their diet, over time the will slow and even stall, so the actual time frame almost always ends up being a full year.  Of course it depends on whether the person is just 60 pounds overweight or 200 pounds overweight.  A person who weight 400 pounds can often shed 60 in a lot less time, but they will still be severely obese. 

• Steven
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I agree around a year long, a couple pounds or so a week. but it requires some pretty strict eating changes and diet discipline. I started running again after years a couple miles 3 times a week for a few months, used to weigh 200 now weigh 184. I was not disciplined enough though, so after 3 months I said screw it I can do more later lol. This is the exact mindset that ruins many people. 

• 1 month ago

Realistically? 12 months of hard work.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

man I have so much shame , goddamn it all has a positive spin, thats also real and not just spin , like its not as bad as it seems when u say it , man u guys just enjoy hurting me this isnt help is it , its just a laugh at my expense and enjoying hurting someone, im mentally ill abused, im not that bad, i dont deserve it ive suffered alot. 

Please think of others b4 u get ur enjoyment and get it a less hurtful way , its all fun for u but im just hurting, and that may be fun for u 2, but i doubt uve lot ur hearts entirely not all of u

Source(s): Ive got to end this I dont want to be the joke anymore and I dont want to hang with ppl that force themselves on me that I dont like ie sandie, its not fair its not at all kind its sick evil and nasty, u can do it hints at my flat leave around i guess, I wont be on here
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.