Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Lois & Peter asked in Society & CultureRoyalty ยท 1 month ago

What Would Stop Prince William from Getting Drunk All Day?

Could Prince William get away with staying in bed all day and getting drunk?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

That's a really good question.

I believe the Queen's office staff - especially her Private Secretary - run the business with an iron fist. They make sure the royals are aware of the rules and protocols and obey them. This has to be done carefully, in a way that appears subservient but also brooks no argument.ย 

The only totally unsuitable heir to the throne in recent times - Prince David who became Edward VIII - was made to step aside. Prince Andrew and Prince Harry have both been sidelined for indiscretions, and Princesses Beatrix and Eugenie have been made to go out and earn a living.ย 

If a royal really gave enough cause for embarrassment, there is always the Diana solution.ย 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He wouldn't be the first.

• Ann
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He doesn't seem like the kind of person who would do that, because he wants to be a good husband and father.ย 

• 1 month ago

If he wanted to,ย  I am sure he could do it , without losing his job.ย 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Clo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Prince William is a father of three children, so he has responsibilities to them which would not allow him to be drunk all day. Not only does William have parental duties to carry out, he has to be a good role model to his children. Being drunk all day is not something he'd want his children to learn from him.

William also is a senior working royal--he has a job to do, running charities, working for foundations, military appointments, working with his father, the Prince of Wales, and the Queen. While William might be able to take a vacation and loll around all day, doing this is not possible every day. William does work!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I guess he could if he were on vacation and wanted to. I can't believe he's never had a day where he didn't just do whatever the heck he wanted. He IS a prince.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not much, it's not as if he has a job.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That's all royals ever do.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why on earth would he want to

• jean
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

He has a family to look after so I doubt it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.