Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I 65 and retired, I use it for surfing. I dont play games or download music or movies.   Suggest a good choice of laptop  under $300  ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just to browse the internet well you need at least an i5 with an SSD and a HD screen (1920x1080).   

Something like this:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-latitude-e7470-1...

Maybe you can find something used or on sale, but laptops have gotten very expensive.  It's very hard to find a PC that works well for under $300.   Chromebooks will work at that price point if you are just using it for the internet.  

• 1 month ago

get a tablet for surfing instead of a laptop.

• 1 month ago

chromebook.........

• Yammy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

*Used* ((any brand with any series)) i3/5/7 gen 4; 4Gb RAM (minimum); 2Gb dedicated VGA.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lv 7
    1 month ago

no laptop is worth having that is under $450. not new anyways.

check your local pawn shop for anything less than that.

avoid the following CPU processors: Atom, Celeron, Sempron, Turion.

you get what you pay for.

worst case, why not just get a tablet? a really nice Samsung Galaxy Tab S is about $170...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I would not recommend because for under $300 you will likely get a crappy laptop that is outdated. You don't want something that takes forever loading pages and a crappy 720p screen that is dreadful to look at.  I highly suggest you spend atleast $500-700 and get something with atleast a 1080p screen, 8gb ram, 250gb solid state drive, and a quad core processor. It will make your experience surfing on the internet a lot better trust me. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Acer has some cheap laptops that would work.  Pretty much any laptop would do the job.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Look at Chromebooks, that would suit you well and they are generally under $300. Lots to choose from.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.