Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 1 month ago

Why cant todays hip hop be like it was in the 90s?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

I ask myself the same question. Music back then had more heart, the era was different, and I think people are mostly selling out nowadays. 

• 1 month ago

Music changes over time and artists don't have the passion to make great music like they used to. Some artists have also sold out.

• 1 month ago

00s is my favorite rap era, that was my childhood! 50 Cent, Chingy, Jay Z, Rasheeda, Kelis, Baby Bash, Hurricane Chris, Plies, Lil Wayne, Ludacris, Lil Kim, Missy Elliot, Soulja Boy, Akon, Snoop Dogg, Nelly, Lil Jon, Bow Wow, etc. I miss crunk music a LOT, too. Rap was creative in the 00s, and fun especially in the era where we had Walk it Out, 2 Step, Drop It Like It's Hot, Ay Bay Bay, We Fly High, Crank Dat, Lose Control, Cyclone, etc. Rap isn't FUN anymore, it's just twerking, cars, alcohol and drugs 🥱

• 1 month ago

Music changes with time. All music is drastically different than its predecessors. The problem with Hip Hop isn't so much that it's different now. The problem is the standards built in the 80s and 90s are no longer a factor in the mainstream. Selling is the number one factor, and nothing else matters. Rappers with no talent thrive easily now. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Why should it be? Why shouldn't it be like hip hop from the 80s? Or music from the 40s? Or the 1750s?

• blank
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

90s was the best decade.But like everything else music changes over time.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because music constantly changes. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.