Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 1 month ago

Why cant todays hip hop be like it was in the 90s?

I ask myself the same question. Music back then had more heart, the era was different, and I think people are mostly selling out nowadays. 

Music changes over time and artists don't have the passion to make great music like they used to. Some artists have also sold out.

00s is my favorite rap era, that was my childhood! 50 Cent, Chingy, Jay Z, Rasheeda, Kelis, Baby Bash, Hurricane Chris, Plies, Lil Wayne, Ludacris, Lil Kim, Missy Elliot, Soulja Boy, Akon, Snoop Dogg, Nelly, Lil Jon, Bow Wow, etc. I miss crunk music a LOT, too. Rap was creative in the 00s, and fun especially in the era where we had Walk it Out, 2 Step, Drop It Like It's Hot, Ay Bay Bay, We Fly High, Crank Dat, Lose Control, Cyclone, etc. Rap isn't FUN anymore, it's just twerking, cars, alcohol and drugs 🥱

Music changes with time. All music is drastically different than its predecessors. The problem with Hip Hop isn't so much that it's different now. The problem is the standards built in the 80s and 90s are no longer a factor in the mainstream. Selling is the number one factor, and nothing else matters. Rappers with no talent thrive easily now. 

Why should it be? Why shouldn't it be like hip hop from the 80s? Or music from the 40s? Or the 1750s?

• blank

90s was the best decade.But like everything else music changes over time.

• Kathy

Because music constantly changes.