would you still classify me as british?

i was born in chester in 1977, my elderly mother is from the isle of man & my elderly father is from spain....i'm a male and classify myself as british still.

any opinions?

If you're firmly committed to that fact that your are British; then I classify you as British. I think this idea that  we are indelibly categorized as being of some ethnic group is ridiculous. I have a German name, but my mother's ancestors fought in the American revolution. So, I'm an American. The claim that I'm ethnically German and white European is insulting and totally irrelevant. Those who come to the USA and still claim to be Mexicans or Spaniards, or Germans or whatever need to get it straight about whether or not they are Americans, and if they are not they should go back to the country that has their loyalties. Being here just to enjoy the fruitfulness of our society is dishonest.   

• Zirp

chat-questions are not allowed.

If you have the passport/nationality, you are LEGALLY british

If you were born and raised in the UK, with a British native language, you are ethnically british

If you hold British citizenship you're British. 

Yes, but not because you were born in England. That makes absolutely no difference at all on your citizenship - for instance children born to tourists don't automatically gain citizenship of that country simply because they were born there. You are British because your mother is a British citizen.

Would we STILL classify you as British? After what? If you were born and raised in Great Britain, you're British by definition. Which part of that was confusing you?

Legally you are considered British, at least by the Brits.

I was born in England in 1959, and was moved to Canada later that year, but the Brits still consider me British.  I can get the passport without difficulty.  You are a lot younger, and born there too, so you would be as well.

• ?

Of course you are British, you were born there. I was born and bred in Limehouse east London. I've lived in Canada for many years, but I am as cockney as the day is long. You can take the cockney boy out of the east end but you can't take the east end out of the cockney boy. COME ON YOU IRONS.

• Adam

Born in chester, yes you are British and English

You must know your own nationality. 

Yes you are British.