Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Would you ever buy used clothes from eBay?

I'll be honest, I bought some used polo shirts. I'm impressed. LOL

• Adele

I have never brought clothes from eBay.

Yeah, I have bought the leather jacket from the roadside stall where people sell the clothes. Don't know whether is used clothes or new.

Sometimes you get a brand new t-shirt at a cheap rate. 

Not from ebay, but I do buy used clothes but from thrift stores, the gap etc. I prefer to be able to inspect the clothing before I buy it, since I've bought used clothes from ebay before which was all messed up or too worn so I got rid of it. 

• Cee

Nope.

___________

Probably not. I'm not opposed to used clothing, but eBay sellers across the board seem to think used items are worth almost what a new article would cost. The only way I would pay that much is if it were a discontinued collectible of some sort.

I did once, it was described as "Brand New With Tags," in reality it was covered in dog hair, cigarettes burns and had been repaired with a totally different coloured cotton. The sellers excuse was "I have no sight." Never again.

Many for casual wear - especially since most thrift stores have been shutdown due to COVID.  I like bargains and really like worn-in clothes - they look comfie so feel comfie.

I did. From what I read now, eBay is not what it used to be. However, I got gorgeous silk blouses and skirts and dresses for work for cheap in its heyday. And an exquisite woman's swing jacket that looks like lambs wool (fur), but is actually yarn. The seller included a note to tell me it was worn at a gala at an Embassy in the 1950s. 

• Steven

Absolutely not, and I'm not trying to be rude but you just don't know who your dealing with online necessarily. If you absolutely must do this, go to a thrift store to see it before you purchase it for peace of mind etc. 

• Kitty

No if it’s brand new yes but they can’t be duplicate or worn