Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

Do you forgive everyone?

I see everyone and everything in the universe as one being. Everyone is a victim of their body and their environment. That's not to say we should excuse bad behavior; anyone who commits a crime against another person should be punished accordingly, but their punishment should end when their sentence ends.

• j153e

Three points:  forgive them, as they know not what they do; justice is whatever is proper restitution, including mercy; forgiveness frees you and the other, even as restitution remains in play.

Not those who are oblivious to their cruelty

• RP

This appears to be philosophical rather than words and wordplay, but, like most people, I feel everyone deserves a second chance, once they've paid their debt to society. It isn't up to me to forgive anyone other than someone who has wronged me. If I forgive people for things that did not directly impact me, my forgiverness is meaningless because only the person wronged can forgive another IMHO.

No, I am an imperfect human and do not forgive everyone.  I do require the subject to show remorse before I forgive.  I do not forgive that which is not seen by the doer to have been wrong.  Forgiveness is for admission of wrong, not for the act itself.

If you do not see the wrong, there is nothing to forgive.

No My dad was an Ugly Drunk stole from me and all my Brothers and sisters and abused My Mother Never spoke to it for 30 years and never went to its Funeral 

and never Forgave it

• ?

I would forgive anyone that asked in a true sense of being sorry or if they prefer tit for tat.

• ?

Y’a but I dont forgive the bumpkins 

• Nigel

yes! there punishment should end when the sentence ends as long as it is justified in the eyes of God and the people. i would not say someone who murders people getting out in 2 weeks is justified at all, though i dont promote the death of them, i could not support such pedophiles or killers getting a light sentence either! as long as the sentence is just then they should not be further punished i agree