Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 2 months ago

I make about $1200 a month, how do I invest whatever money I have left over? ?

I want to invest in stock, but my $1200 a month is so little. Currently trying to find another source of income. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

To invest in stocks you shall know the business and have some basic knowledge on how that trading world works. You risk losing everything if you start investing having no clue what's happening. There are multiple mobile applications that can help you with trading and learning more about it, for instance, eToro, NetDania, Robinodhod, and others. In my opinion, it would be a great starting point. You could learn more about stocks and trading here https://agilie.com/en/blog/how-to-build-a-trading-...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No you are not trying to find another source of income.  If you were, you would not be dinking around on YA.  If you are under age 30, you should have at least enough part-time jobs to keep you working ten hours a day seven days a week.  Go sell your time to stores 1,2,3 hours a week.  Get an old pickup, lawn mower, garbage barrel, wheel barrow, rake, shovel, brooms and window cleaning stuff.  If you can't make more than $50,000 a year doing that, you're lazy.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You make $1200/mo? Less than $15k per year is not someone who should be investing. Rather you should be investing in Yourself to get a better job. 

• Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Invest in finding a better paying job.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

How about an education and try to get a better paying job, $1200 buck is horrible 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Probably need to focus on earning more via a job.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Investing is a RISK.  The stocks would not be a study source of additional income.  In most cases, it also takes several MONTHS to see a true gain on your investment.  (I had $200 of stock in a decent company and it took a full year for that $200 to become $250.)  It is hard to predict which company will make the quickest gain.  If you guess wrong - you LOSE money instead of making money.  (BTW  - in my situation, the stocks had been a gift, so I wasn't out any money either way)  

The most secure source of additional income is a second job.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Before you invest, you need to feel very confident that the company you will be investing in will succeed. Start off small until you build that confidence by confirming that the investment will succeed 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.