Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Would a taxi driver accept a request to go inter state of Australia?

In Australia if you wanted to go inter state in a taxi. When you ask the taxi driver will they accept it or say no too far?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Brenda where you are. I live close to a state border and the local taxi service crosses the border any times a day. 

If you want to do a longer than average journey, many drivers will refuse unless it is a return trip and they may need payment in advance.

• 1 month ago

you would have to book week ahead id imagine and maybe you may get a taxi..

depends  how far,from bris to NSW border is not far   .. but from bris to sydney you will need to book well ahead  ..especially to go to PERTH haha  way across australia 

• Rico
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Echuca to Moama yes, but not Sydney to Melbourne 

Geelong to Hobart would be impossible

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Canberra to Queanbeyan

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Joseph
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Gold Coast Airport actually straddles the border between Queensland and New South Wales, with the terminal located (mostly) on the Queensland side.  I am sure you can get a cab to take you to the airport from Kingscliff.  

Now, if you want the cab to take you from Perth to Cairns, that's another matter.  It will cost you more than flying.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Unlikely      ,

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Tweed Heads to Coolangatta?

• Aussie
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Many would say too far. But take you to the bus station.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ive done it a thousand times.. from albury to wodonga

• 1 month ago

I imagine it would depend on the taxi driver, and the distance.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.