What is your opinion on Political Correctness?

I think Political Correctness is stupid. I love my Country, but this Country is full of easily offended snowflakes. 

Ted K, Have you been neutered? You must be one of the "men" in this Country who don't have a set if balls you easily offended fool. 

*Of. 

Ted K, You think a real man gets offended by every little thing? So far, you have been offended by every comment I've made. People like you are one of the things that's wrong with this Country, getting all butt hurt and offended by everything. Getting offended by everything gets you or anyone anywhere in life.  

Being politically incorrect is not the equivalent of being a disrespectful fool.

Wow, little guy, you're really triggered here. Amusing that you accuse me of being "offended," when in fact I'm just giving you a dose of reality and a badly needed lesson in maturity--and YOU'RE offended by THAT. You need to stop acting like an indignant teenager and grow up.

Haha You're claiming I'm the "triggered" one here, yet you have been offended by every single comment I've made here so far, so far I've been laughing at you. Judging based on your insults, you come across to me as...

...someone unintelligent with the lack of logical and critical thinking skills. Plus, you claim I'm the offended one, yet you're the one who keeps coming back to MY question. Nice logic you easily offended soy boy. Technically you should practice what you preach, so far you're not doing a very good job of that. 

And Ted, If people like you are going to get offended by everything (and you've proven that with the support for political correctness), then this Country is just going to keep going downhill. Look how well your buddy Joe Biden is doing compared to Trump. Complete opposite of Trump, and he's been a sh*t President so far. This Country keeps going downhill with people like him in office. 

Political correctitude please :-) !

My opinion is that there is sometimes a crass, kneejerk reaction to what's perceived as a problem which ends up backfiring or turning into tokenism, one example being that use of "womxn" for "women" which ended up offending the very people it was aimed at including.  Beyond that, though, there is genuine compassion and thoughtfulness in some cases.

BTW, there's nothing wrong with being a snowflake. It just means you're not cut off from your sensitive and caring side.

• TedEx

Take a large tube of Vaseline.........................

I know. Look at all the people crying about kneeling during the national anthem. 

• Aspen

It’s not about PC, it’s about acting and behaving in a respectful manner, with social manners, and behaving in a civilized manner. The biggest opponents to PC are also the ones who want to act and behave in the most lewd, disagreeable ways. 

Political correctness is a perversion of tactfulness and is designed to enact thought control.

• garry

really dont give a damn about political correctness , isnt a politician so it wont matter .

I think it's pretty lame too. 

Edit;

Did anybody else notice that the 1st amendment got 5 thumbs down here in one answer? The left truly wants to dismantle the bill of rights. IMHO.

When nowadays when I say the sky is blue, the greenists get offended that I discriminate them,

or when I go to my dentist to get my teeth whiten and I'm kicked out for being racist not wanting darker teeth...

People are off the rails, extremely sensitive.

I'm trying to find a country where honesty is still valued. Hard!

It’s appropriately named.   It’s about what is politically correct to say, not factually correct.   

• Ted K

What you call "PC" is nothing more than ordinary human decency.  You're complaining because you want to be a nasty, dickweed douchebag in public and get away with it.

Well guess what, oh Duke of Douchiness--you can't.

It's not "thought control."  You can think anything you want.  But if you have so little self control and self discipline--on par with that of a 4 year old-- that you can't keep your negative thoughts to yourself, then you have to be willing to accept the consequences.

It's not that hard--just think of something really stupid to say--and then don't say it.

So, you think that to be a real man you have to be a dumbfvck, dickweed douchebag.  Got it.  You'll go far.

Wow, little guy, you're really triggered here.  Amusing that you accuse me of being "offended,"  when in fact I'm just giving you a dose of reality and a badly needed lesson in maturity--and YOU'RE offended by THAT.  You need to stop acting like an indignant teenager and grow up.