Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Should Biden strengthen affirmative action ?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Affirmative action is is reverse racial discrimination in which the best candidate for a position may be snubbed by a "minority" candidate who is less qualified in order to make things "diverse."

Consider two bad choices that REPUBLICAN presidents made:

- Bush Sr. chose Clarence Thomas for the Supreme Court, and he is a poor quality justice who is also a right-wing ideologue.

- Trump chose Ben Carson, an utter incompetent, to be the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

thinks biden doesnt know what he is talking about , what affirmitive action , like attack syria , causing trouble with china and getting iran upset , so much for peace , and trying to tell russia how to run there affairs .. sounds like america sticking the nose in other countries .. fix you problems first like feed the hungry , shelter the homeless and make jobs for the unemployed first .

• 1 month ago

Yes, I think positive action must be taken because it will be in America's interest. I think Biden knows what he is doing. I completely believe in him.

• zipper
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO WAY IN HELL!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No. Affirmative action is fine the way it is right now.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Affirmative Action is old. Democrats moved on to Racial Equity which is basically Equality of Outcome. They don’t want equality of opportunity. They want similar outcome. They want explicit quotas based on race

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Biden should increase the tax....

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In what way? And he (just last week) extended the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to include the same protections to LBGTQ people. Were you asleep, or just masturbating?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think he should.

Princess Shouldkov 

• Affirmative action should go into the trash heap of misguided failures..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.