Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Games & RecreationCard Games · 1 month ago

Is it safe to laminate Pokemon cards?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I'm no expert......but I am pretty sure that would ruin any value the card had. 

Of the  serious collectors I've seen,  they keep their best valuable cards in plastic hard cases,   graded by one of the professional grading services. 

Those are the ones you hear about  going for insane money........they have to be in MINTY-MINT condition......and in a hard case, so not at all possible to get damaged. 

Even plastic sleeves   are flimsy and you can still accidently bend or crease the card,  destroying it's value- 

If you don't care about re-sale value and just want to protect your cards,  then go for it. 

• 1 month ago

Why would you? It's cheaper to buy the little plastic sleeves in bulk, and those protect the cards without being permanent. 

• 1 month ago

Once its laminated, it's damaged forever. There is no way to remove it without severely damaging the card. The heating process "bonds" the plastic to the card, unless its a sticker laminate in which case is worse than the heating process.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.