JohnT asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Is it proper to serve other people’s leftovers for lunch?

I went to have lunch at my grandmother's house today, and I was very disappointed in the lunch. Apparently she had gone out to dinner with some friends last night, and she took home her leftovers and theirs as well. It was gnocchi in tomato sauce and fried haddock.  She wound up heating everything up and serving it to other people. I feel that is just nasty? Why would I want to eat something that has been in contact with a stranger's mouth? Shouldn't someone that age know better? I wanted to talk to her about it, but I don't know how to approach the subject. I am very angry, but i don't want to hurt her feelings.

She's your grandma. Eat a snack before you go.

You have no idea how much you are going to miss her when she's no longer around. For azzholes like you, it's even worse than for normal people. 

The food itself sounds terrible anyway. Haddock -yuk!. You need to tell her off and demand better food next time you go over. Or else threaten her with putting her in the Old folks Home you saw on 60 Minutes. She will sharpen up pretty quickly I assume!