Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

is it wrong to leave my mother and father alone when they are arguing?

i’ve been wanting to leave the house because they’ve been arguing all week & it’s miserable, but i feel guilty leaving them alone as i feel the argument may escalate & i won’t be able to step in. 

my mother encouraged me to go out & said she can handle it & that she knows i’m here for her, but it still feels wrong. does anyone have advice for this situation? disclaimer: there is no abuse in my household, i just would like to have the comfort of knowing i can try to prevent the arguments from escalating further 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You can't referee your parents' arguments. Let them take care of it... It's NOT YOUR MARRIAGE.  Why are you trying to micro manage it?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dont think so, you might as well go out, you cant control their arguing

• 1 month ago

It's not your place to get involved in your parents' arguments. Sometimes people need to work things out, and sometimes they get emotional, even when they love each other. So long as there's no abuse, there's nothing you need to be concerned about. 

• T J
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Stay out of it. Go out and have a good day.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • mokrie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If there is no violence in the house then their argument is none of your business. If you were having an argument with a boyfriend or lover would you want your mom hanging around listening in? LEAVE. It's their marriage not yours. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.