Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

Texas opens 100% on March 10th!!?

What do you think?

it most certainly is business and finance as it relates to opening economy.

I am just curious what people’s thoughts are “not going there”

• ?

Thankfully many Texas businesses have already said masks will remain mandatory.

However I expect cases, hospitalizations and deaths to start rising in April

Plus I personally believe Abbott made this announcement to distract from his responsibility in the power lose in Texas.  And yes I am a Texan

What is currently closed in Texas?

Since we don't live in Texas, we have no idea what change this will be.

My state is the worst in terms of opening and still almost all day to day businesses are open with only restrictions on numbers of customers. 

• fcas80

Watch the covid statistics.

Horrible idea!  Just when vaccines are helping the virus numbers to go down, they throw open the floodgates.  Mississippi has just announced they will also reopen.  And you can be sure that many of those in other states will cross the border to do things still forbidden where they live.  

And don't forget about travel--Texans could spread the virus everywhere they go,  As Governor Hogan recently said, when the Calvary is coming, that's no time to stop shooting.

Gov Abbott decided that the winter storm didn't kill enough people.

Not going there

unrelated to pf