What is your opinion on the Rapper Kool Moe dee?

Accomplishment/contribution wise? Underrated. He is arguably a progenitor of the "New School" mid 80s reimagining of the MC as the star of the show. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wipb37LGe4U

I do think this event helped strong lyricists become more coveted. If lyrical MCs never became a thing I would have never become serious about loving Hip Hop. 

Skill-wise? Well unfortunately I do think some 90s/00s MCs eclipse him in lyrical content. He also did a lot of New Jack Swing tracks that could be perceived as Pop-ish. He still s**** all over the mainstream MCs of today. But he considers himself Top 3. That is definitely a huge stretch in my opinion. 

He doesn't get the credit he deserves. But also not in my top 20. Some of his tracks are still great though.