Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can an 18 year old date a 27 year old ?

I’m really obsessed with my crush who’s 27, I’m 18 and he is my youth group leader, is there anyway I can date him please 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Gary
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

LEGALLY yes an 18 Y/O can date a 27 Y/O in the U.S. the question is SHOULD you! The answer will depend on MANY different factors and ONLY the 2 of you can answer that question. I will say this I'm 16 years older than my 3rd. wife she was in her early mid 20's when we met and we have a FANTASTIC marriage we do NOT fight we discuss problems and NEVER yell at each other IF any arise and even my in-laws LOVE me to DEATH like I was they're natural born son! Even he own MOTHER has told me "If I were to personally pick a husband for MY daughter I could have done NO better than picking YOU for her!" AND told my wife, her daughter, "you need to hurry up and divorce him!!!! My wife queried "WHY????", her mother said "So I can marry him!!!!". So do NOT let others decide your fate or future BUT proceed with CAUTION and make SURE your reasons are not simply infatuation or lust BEFORE you proceed!! 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can't find anyone your own age?

• 1 month ago

You "can", legally...  As you are an adult.

However, as a youth leader, he may have an agreement with the organization to not date youth members.   One of you would have to make a decision to leave the youth organization.

• 1 month ago

in most American states, yes.  It would, however, be improper on his part and he should avoid this.  if you are somewhere else -- why didn't you tell us which laws to apply?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

just remember: no 27 old is interested in dating a teenager unless there is something seriously wrong with him, in which case you should run as far as you can from him

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

18 but apparently not very bright....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.