Am I entitled to hand over all my kittens to a rescue if they helped me?

I rescued a pregnant stray a few months back who gave birth to a litter of 6. The first cat rescue I contacted helped me by paying for all their shots and food and litter. Now that they are about to be the adoptable age, the rescue coordinator is telling me she already has families and applications for every cat to go and be adopted. I am devastated and mostly sad as to see them have to leave so soon. And I also want to keep one of the kittens for myself. The rescue said she does not want to deny any of the applications. They are a nonprofit, and am wanting me to hand over the kitten i want to keep. Legally am I entitled to hand over all kittens to them since they did help me by supplying all the things for the kittens? I did raise all kittens and the mother by hand in my home. All they did was provide the supplies and medical shots.

you mean REQUIRED to hand over?  without any written contract that you will turn them all over, no.  we DON'T KNOW that the rescue owns the kittens....they only own the kittens if there is a written contract to that effect.  The TRUTH is that simply paying for the needs does not make the rescue the owner of the kittens.

Yes, you need to hand over all of the kittens.   Why didn't you reserve one when you handed the kittens over?

• Maxi

You don't own the kittens you just acted as a foster home, the rescue paid for all their supplies and health care so they own them...

You FOSTERED the kittens.     They paid for the shots and vet care, the kittens belong to the rescue

• !

The word youre lookibg for is obligated, not entitled. And unless you signed something, you dont HAVE to, although the reacue service might then ask you to pay them back for the costs they incurred, since theyre a non profit. Theres obviously been a misunderstanding as to the nature of the work the rescue service do, but unless they have somethijg in writing, its your word against theirsq