Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Why do I remember things that never happened?

Recently it’s come to my attention that I remember things that never happened. They’re all simple things, like feeding the cats (something everyone in my household does, so it’s not like they’d ever be without food for more than an hour) but will later discover I never did said thing. Why is this happening and how can I stop it? How do I know what I’ve made up and what’s real?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Chronic liars don't seem to be able to stop & soon it all becomes real if you feel real strong about something.  So you don't know what is a lie & what wasn't.  It is a common thing for chronic liars.

• 1 month ago

Actually, its normal. It happens for some science. I have also faced the problems.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.