Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

Can I refuse a referral to eating disorder services ? My psychiatrist wants me to?

I’m six stone 10 pounds 

I don’t have dealings with the police so unsure what you’re on about?

What three times? That’s hardly a big deal.

I don’t talk to the police anyway

No I thought you meant dealings with the police due to being arrested you didn’t say section136 I didn’t want to say I had been arrested maybe think about the way you word things. I

Do have autism so take things literally 

But you'll get attention from them and that's ultimately what you're looking for. 

btw you seem to have forgotten the interactions you've orchestrated with the police to get yourself detained on a section 136.

Three is not none. More proof that you're a compulsive liar...

You never do what anyone from the police to your psychiatrist tell you to, so why bother? You just want attention.

You can refuse treatment unless you are assessed as mentally incapable of deciding for yourself.

Whether our illness is physical or mental, we have to participate in the treatment if we intend to get better.

If you refuse treatment that your current psychiatrist believes you need, that suggests you are unwilling to participate in your own recovery, which could affect the willingness of doctors/psychiatrists to work with you. It sends out a signal that you do not want to get better. If you feel the referral is not necessary, you need to discuss it with the person referring you and make a rational case as to why they are wrong. Bearing in mind that THEY are the experts, it will not be easy to show they are wrong.

If your refusal of treatment puts you at risk, it might suggest you have lost mental capacity to make that decision for yourself.

• ?

If you're a danger to yourself you could be involuntarily treated by doctors.

Shouldn't starve your body of nutrients and sustagen.

Yes, and you can die too.

• Fu4

Yes, but just don't walk alone on windy days...

You can but if you are a danger to yourself they can section you and force treatment. Personally I would refuse it. Mental Health services are run by some of the most corrupt unfeeling people I have ever met who are out just to tick their boxes without showing their patient much care at all.