If I reformat my pc hard-drive, won't that erase windows 10.  Will I need to reinstall windows 10..  how?   what about the key?

I need to reformat the hard drive or repair sectors  error 1603, cyclic redundency check  ..  trying to install flight simulator.  I tried reset))  ...  still bad sectors or something?  Do i need a key, and how do i format the drive,.. (not reset)

• David

Yes it would, but you don’t need to do that. Windows 10 has a built in recovery program to reinstall itself if you need to. 

Start

Settings

Update and security 

Recovery

Reset

If this isn’t of use tell use why you need to reformat the HDD. You won’t need another key.