Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

My husband is always angry after he comes back from work. Is this normal? ?

I gave birth to our daughter 6 months ago. Things were fine before marriage because I had the time for everything. I love cooking so I was able to cook. He always did demand it though. I am a stay at home mom now so I'm always inside with my baby. My husband also works a very hard job throughout the day. He goes from 8am to 6pm so he's under a lot of stress. But at the same time, I am under stress too because caring for a baby was not as easy as I imagined it would be. She cries and always needs me for something. When he comes back from work, he demands for everything to be finished. He doesn't want any simple foods, he wants me to go all out like I did before. I'm unable to do that. I made him spaghetti yesterday and he went berserk on me. I made chicken and rice the day before and he kept telling me its nothing. I'm tired of him demanding me whenever he doesn't like what I cook. We have a child now but he doesn't seem to understand. He keeps telling me that I'm making excuses and to not use our child as an excuse. A week ago, I let my daughter cry for hours just to make him a huge meal to come to after work. I'm not able to do that everyday. Hes always upset after work, he's always angry. He doesn't even want to hold his daughter. He never cares for her. I have to do everything from house work, to bathing my daughter. All he does is go to work. We both work but I understand his is harder. I barely get any sleep either. Is this wrong or is he right?

Work related issues, it has nothing to do with you.

I am sorry but you are his wife it’s your duty to cook him the food he wants and to make sure the house is clean, he’s a hardworking man who needs to come home to a tidy home and good meal and sex when he needs it too. 

Stop making excuses, it’s your duty! 

Maybe try a different diet that will give you more energy. 

if, only if, you are like my ex. who spent all day with the baby and did almost nothing else then complained it takes so much work to take care of the baby. so, i told her to go back to work and i took care of the baby.  i did everything she complained she didnt have time for. all of it.  was she just a lazy bum? maybe. i didnt squeeze the clump of cells out. she did. so what. she didnt even go back to work full time but she spent more than full time away from our home with her friends and family. 

its all about perspective and how selfish you or he is and or can be.  maybe he is a complete jerk, maybe you are.  no trolling allowed here. get it real or get out.  my ex exaggerated her efforts and dismissed mine. she even had her mom stay with us and still couldnt get it done. was it cuz she just didnt care about anything anymore and took advantage of the situation? are you? is he?

do you want to stay married? do you love him or do you just want him to love you?

• Kay

I say just get a divorce if you can! I honestly wouldn't trust him with the baby at all. You said you already work; check with a financial advisor to see if you can support yourself on your own. If so, I say dump this guy who thinks you're his slave!

• ?

Tell him the until your daughter's a little older his dinner options are sandwiches or pay for delivery. If he's really as belligerent as you make it sound you might also want to consider some marriage counseling because this guy isn't getting into the parenting spirit and was clearly raised to be the center of his own universe. 

I guess y'all married a loser.  That's really about the only explanation.  Every guy is going to be ignored by his wife after the first baby.  Those who react badly to that inevitability are losers.  He should just take it in stride and go find some sideass

Ultimately nothing has changed with your husband, and he wants things to be the same as they were before.  What's changed is that you have a child, caring for the child and you are not getting sleep.   He's interested in getting a break when he gets home and of course isn't going to help with your daughter or with dinner.  He's certainly not right, but he's still the same guy you married.  You just didn't see it before because you had the time\desire to do what he wanted.    Nothing is going to change so you either figure out how to live with it or figure out how to move on.  

• Liz

Your husband is unreasonable. I think you will enjoy reading the article in the publication below called Family Happiness (fy)...or any one of several that deals with marriage. It offers practical suggestions that helps couples if they apply them.

Wishing to you the best and congrats on your new baby girl. :)

Source(s): wol.jw.org/fy Chapter Three - Two Keys to a Lasting Marriage
  • ?

Your husband is emotionally abusive.