Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 1 month ago

How to help headaches after drinking coffee?

I don't drink coffee often, but when I do, it gives me a very bad headache/nausea about 3-4 hours after drinking it. I did just switch to decaf but I read about all these other negative side effects of decaf (drinking chemicals, could lead to other health problems, etc.). What can I do about the headaches after drinking regular coffee? Is there a way to ask the barista to cut down on the caffeine?

I really like the taste of coffee so that's why I want to find something that works.

NO. There isn't a way to reduce the caffeine in already bought coffee. Your barista is NOT a wizard they do not have magic powers. You can buy a lower strength coffee and make it for yourself. 

It sound like you are sensitive to caffeine and it's effects and should probably avoid it. Drink decaf and get over it. 

• Janet

The answer is to stop drinking coffee.

Two options for less caffeine:    decaf or consume less.

If you're ordering espresso, you could ask for half a shot instead of a full shot.

Did it occur to you to drink something else instead of drinking something that makes you sick?