Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 1 month ago

How to help headaches after drinking coffee?

I don't drink coffee often, but when I do, it gives me a very bad headache/nausea about 3-4 hours after drinking it. I did just switch to decaf but I read about all these other negative side effects of decaf (drinking chemicals, could lead to other health problems, etc.). What can I do about the headaches after drinking regular coffee? Is there a way to ask the barista to cut down on the caffeine?

Update:

I really like the taste of coffee so that's why I want to find something that works.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

NO. There isn't a way to reduce the caffeine in already bought coffee. Your barista is NOT a wizard they do not have magic powers. You can buy a lower strength coffee and make it for yourself. 

It sound like you are sensitive to caffeine and it's effects and should probably avoid it. Drink decaf and get over it. 

• Janet
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The answer is to stop drinking coffee.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Two options for less caffeine:    decaf or consume less.

If you're ordering espresso, you could ask for half a shot instead of a full shot.

Did it occur to you to drink something else instead of drinking something that makes you sick?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.