Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is Kc?

I filled out the ICE chart which is the photo attached. Kc=[HI]^2/[H2][I2]

I used values from the E part of the chart. Should I be using different values or was it a calculation error? My answer was incorrect. 

I2 E was 0.0500 if you cannot read it. And 2HI E was 5.2 

Update:

EDIT: forgot to include: "The following reaction was performed in a sealed vessel at 724 ∘C " and "Initially, only H2 and I2 were present at concentrations of [H2]=3.05M and [I2]=2.65M . The equilibrium concentration of I2 is 0.0500 M . What is the equilibrium constant, Kc, for the reaction at this temperature?" if helpful. Thanks

Attachment image

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You have set up the ICE table correctly. So if you calculated the answer as Bobby did in his answer, you should be good.

• Dr W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you definitely need to add the rest of the problem AND the value you calculated. 

• Bobby
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

H2(g)+I2(g)⇌2HI(g)

Kc = [HI]^2 / [H2] *[I2]

= 5.2*^2 / 0.45 * 0.05

= 1200  . what is your answer ?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Go find, seek, show me, where is it, what's that, do ya wannabe dance

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.