Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Dr. Seus Was A Liberal But Now He's Cancelled?

Does this mean that I should support cancel culture since it cancels liberals? Is cancel culture actually conservative?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

HYPE AND HYPERBOLE, anonymous!  The publishers of Dr. Seuss (note the double 's') chose to stop printing only six of the many Seuss books because those six were deemed to be discriminatory.  How come you assume that the capitalists who made this decision are only liberal and not pragmatic?  

• 1 month ago

The Seuss Estate is NOT cancelling Dr Seuss.  In fact, they are releasing more and more books in the Seuss style called The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library; very ecologically aware, I must say.  My guess is the Estate believes they will have a bigger market if they update their book list.  BTW, do you guys understand how capitalism works?

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Dr. Seuss is being targeted for being a rich dead white guy. Liberals like to abuse the dead because they can't fight back. They can't stand that he earned $33 million last year while dead and they can't teach their own constituency to earn a living wage while still alive. Less recreational drugs and reverse racism might help.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Cancel culture is actually conservative. I remember them cancelling the Teletubbies long ago because they had conspiracy theories that one of them was covertly gay and was subliminally converting infants into avid gayness.

And then they tried to cancel Harry Potter because they thought it was satanic. And they canceled all sorts of things during their Satanic Panic of the 1980s

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.