Rejected from all grad schools?

I have been rejected from Stanford, UCLA and Georgetown for Education Policy masters. I am still waiting to hear from UC Berkley, Harvard and Columbia. Do I give up hope now or is there any chance? What do I do if I get rejected from all of them?

GRE scores:

Verbal - 163

Quant - 150

Essay - 6

Education 

1st from Durham

Education Masters from UCL

Work experience

Teach First 

Your GRE quantitative score was 150? Dude, that's the 39th percentile, and you're expecting to get into Harvard and Columbia? 

That's the equivalent of trying to get into Oxford (undergraduate) with A*A*C A-levels: not entirely impossible, but not very likely either. 

If you're not accepted, then retake the GRE. Take a prep course first, and study for it.

And even if you ace the GRE next time around (90% is around 166 in the quantitative section), apply to some "safeties": universities that are not amongst the most competitive in the nation. 

Meanwhile, work as a teacher for another year. Graduate schools like applicants to have real-world experience in addition to excellent academics. 

The California system is one of the best; consequently they have the most applicants and it is consequently the most competitive.  First, I am assuming that you are a resident of the state of California.  If not, try a graduate school in the state where you reside.   I am sure there is a school in their CA system further down the prestige list that may be more suitable for you, try UC Riverside.   

• fcas80

Aim your sites at universities not quite as prestigious.

• John

There are many universities which offer a masters in Education Policy.  As stated in other answers, you have applied only to elite schools which have very low admission rates.  You might also want to give thought to your career goals, as a second Masters in a subject closely related to your current degree seems extraneous.  

There are many other schools with perfectly good programs. You don't have to graduate from an elite college.

A couple of options:  

1. Apply to masters degree programs in the UK

2. Apply to other master degree programs at  some the 3000 other U.S. universities that have they type of program you want.

3. Give up and find a job.

Why would you assume that you'd get into any of these highly selective universities? Even with outstanding academic and CVs, you're still looking at very low acceptance rates at these prestigious universities.