How can I easily start drinking coffee black cold turkey? ?

I want to start drinking black coffee because I like the taste better once I get used to it, and it is healthier (I tried it before and loved black coffee until I accidentally bought cream at the store one time). 

Do you have any tips for making a smooth transition so it can be less bitter? Before I temporarily drunk black coffee, it was difficult for a week or so at first. But it tastes even more bitter these days.

I am using a Mr. Coffee drip machine with basic coffee like Folgers and Maxwell House. I am not picky on coffee and enjoyed these coffees black when I temporarily drunk coffee black.

Thanks in advance.

Taste can change with age.  I used to drink cheaper coffee, but as I grew older I found it tasted worse and worse.  I now find that I prefer Vietnamese coffee black.  I can also drink Kona black.  But the cheap coffee I have to add at least some sugar and milk.  It just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth otherwise.  Try experimenting with different brands.

You answered your own question. Just drink it black. Cold turkey. 

When I was in my teens, I liked coffee but my family were cream and sugar users. I liked it fine, but when I went to social gatherings, no one brought cream or sugar and coffee was always plain. I decided to explore black coffee, changed cold turkey and briefly (within a month) it became my preference. I still drink hot coffee black (iced coffee gets vanilla syrup and cream) but I'm particular about the taste. Some time ago I bought a Breville grinder that lets you vary both the volume and the particle size of the coffee it grinds. Then I recently bought a Breville coffee pot that gives you complete control over water temp, bloom, and a bunch of other factors. For newbies like me, it has a "gold cup" setting that uses recommendations from an association of independent coffee houses. When i first used it the coffee was bitter, and not so robust as I wold like, so I set the grind size to mid-drip size and increased the dose of ground coffee from 20 to 25 seconds grind time for a ten cup pot. Now I have a brewed cup that has no bitterness, and is just robust enough.

That to say, to convert to just coffee, do your best to adjust your brewer to a pleasant brew. If you need an intermediate flavor, lightly sweeten your black coffee to help it go down.

Hang in there. You can make the conversion. If you're having a rough spot, read the ingredients label on powdered creamer.

Good luck.

• JJ

Use more water at first. Weaker coffee is easier to drink black than strong coffee. Experiment with the amount but I've find that you can cut the recommended amount in half and still have a lot of taste.