ArsosA
ArsosA asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

Why is life not worth living?

Whose life?  Yours?  I have no idea because I know nothing about your life. Only you can answer that question.

I've honestly asked myself a related question a number of times: "Is it worth continuing living?"

I've suffered many chronic mental and physical health illnesses for most of my life, which has spanned 4 decades now.

Despite all of my chronic infirmities, I live, and I do what I can.  Things I generally want to do even though they are simultaneously things I need to do, are my daily work, and the hobbies I enjoy.

I've almost died several times, and I've lived through pain in sickness that I hate remembering.  But I'm still here.  Since I'm still here and can enjoy some things, I personally find it worth living.

Unlike people who say "suicide is the most selfish thing you could do," I would just say that continuing as long as you can can be rewarding.  Continuing on regardless of whatever is afflicting you can influence others; even the world.  It can also change you for the better.

But, I've known people who decided death was preferable to continue living because of illness.

Life is obviously not worth living if you can't find any value in life.  That's why some people kill themselves.

That's the truest and simplest answer I can offer.

I do believe it's worth looking for any value in life as long as you can.

I hope the best for you.

I am not sure for you. On my part, i have got nothing to look forward to nor to live for anyone. I started Tweeting and Blogging but nothing seem to be changing fir the better.

• Adele

pray for yourself everything gonna be okay

Why do you think like that?  Life is really worth living just see how soldiers are fighting with enemies! 

• Herve

It clearly is as people continue to have children.

Vanity of vanities, all are vanities. However, through those vanities, we learn lessons and preparing for the lives after death. You should see this life is a transaction and learning period. Even St. Paul has considered this life as a course in a school (see Paul's epistle to Galatians )

It is all in you. If you think you can make your life worthy.

Human beings are ruled by spirits but humans must learn to control and rule the spirits. Spirits possess people according to the mental state of the human beings and keep them in the same state until they are rejected and replaced by another. This is an all time phenomena occurring in all humans. Human beings are always under the influence of spirits. Certain situations and circumstances cause the possession of certain type of spirits. Often thinking and talking about bad subjects or bad imaginations even for fun can take serious turns on one who think and talk. Often thinking and talking about good subjects with good imaginations can create positive effects in your life. Your favorable thoughts and beliefs can bring favorable spirits by your side. The more you think the more would be the possession of that spirit. All spirits (good and bad) have the dominating character. They can take you to the extent of sacrifice or suicide.

All of your activities, talks and even thoughts determine what kind of spirits you will have for your life. Only these spirits are the reason for the good and bad happening in your life. These spirits determine your destiny from your daily activities, talks and thoughts too. Spirits are separate elements. A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. A human being during his/her life time is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. Further there will be always some spirits with you on behalf of your parents, friends and relatives. Only these spirits make you remember them in a certain situations. All of these spirits are your consciousnesses and memories. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another the spirits think and you just listen, choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. Brain is just a media to connect the spirits to your mind. A mind is just a computer's mind. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get its mind. The same is the case with the human beings. Soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. A body's functionality is based on the auto mechanism.  After death all spirits which accompanied a person quit and go to different places searching new bodies. No one lives after death in any form and there is no afterlife. All human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games.

You must not leave your mind in its own way. If you do, the spirit will take your mind for its own, then controlling it is not so easy. First of all you must think and believe that it's not you. Then you must command that spirit both mentally and orally to go. Whenever you are possessed by that thought you must divert your mind at once towards some other subject and stay in it for a while and then continue your duty. This is a mental exercise. You may also bring at once an opposite feeling through your imagination. For example if the depression is about your future then you may think, imagine and believe that you are going to live a healthy, wealthy and happy life in future. You must continue this exercise for few days. While doing this exercise you are creating an opposing spirit, i.e., a positive force. Soon this new spirit gets stronger and eliminates the negative force. Within a few days you will be alright.

• J H

If you have absolutely no reason in your mind to live.

Things must be 'worth it', worth the struggle, the negatives.

It's personal, if it's worth it, or not.

Personally, I find life has value, how things grow, beauty found almost anywhere.  New abilities we learn about ourselves.

As a Christian, I know Jesus's life was no cake walk:

He knew what lay ahead, what He wanted for us.

But if life is a boring repetition of all things you hate, people that are useless or difficult, never having enough even though you try, yes, that just wouldn't be worth living then.

If you thought those things could change, that might be worth a try.

• Liz

Why not consider what you aren't doing that put you into your frame of mind. We are here for a purpose. According to Ecclesiastes 12:13, "The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man."

Since our purpose in living should be “no more for the desires of men, but for God’s will,” it is imperative that you learn what God’s will is.

The article below answers the question. The brochure is Who Are Doing Jehovah's Will Today? (jl)

Source(s): wol.jw.org/jl What Is God’s Will?

Socrates famously said "The unexamined life is not worth living."  Maybe one needs to examine a little more.